Dark Night of the Soul—NOT! Dark Night of the Personality / Ego—YES!
I am extremely sensitive to words and energies / vibrations. “Dark Night of the Soul” is another term I hear quite often in conversations and workshops and see in written form in both traditional religious and metaphysical communities. I place this term in the same category as “The Divine Unknowing”—a term that every time I hear it uttered and see it in written form, something inside of me responds: NOT!
As always, when seeking answers to my deeper questions, I choose to dive deeper by going within. I explored why I was experiencing such a profoundly visceral and vibrational reaction to hearing that term. During one meditation in particular, I asked this question, and this is what came forth:
- Everyone has a soul.
- Soul is an aspect of God—God Within.
- Souls are always—and always will be—perfect and whole.
- Souls can never be damaged.
- Souls can never be hurt nor harmed.
- Souls remain intact as pure loving light energy.
- As God Within, Souls can never experience a “dark night.”
As a human
- We all have a personality; an ego.
- It is our personality/ego that experiences “dark nights.”
After these types of explorations, I then ask for more vibrationally accurate ways to express the concept and support a positive flow of energy toward clarity. This is what was revealed:
- I am experiencing a challenge with ___________.
- Although I am experiencing confusion and sadness, God’s got this. God’s got me.
When your personality/ego experiences pain, sadness, confusion—any disturbance of any kind— go within.
At any time, I can go within and connect with the God Light Within me.
I choose inner peace.
I choose tranquility.
God’s got this.
God’s got my back.
All is well.
And so it is.
You got this!